Regrets can haunt you. Hopefully not forever, but for a while they can stick around. They suck, they stink, they hurt, they are sad, they can make you mad, they can make you cry, they just all aren't fun. Although, they can make you more tough, teach you valuable lessons, and help you in ways you never thought were possible.
I don't have very many regrets, but yes, I do have a few. They used to get me very frusterated at myself, make me break down and cry and certain times, but not anymore. You can't live on regrets, I can't live on regrets. I had to learn to MOVE ON and realize that that isn't what life is all about.
-- I regret being such a mean sister to my little brothers and sister while growing up. Yes, I understand that we siblings all have our moments, but when I was younger, I am pretty sure I put them under the bus more then once. It is harder then ever now, when I am being a good sister and they seem to not let me in or treat me not sooo nice, but realize that is my own fault for the past.
-- I regret not taking piano lessons my senior year of high school. It was time to either move on or quit. But I've been thinking a lot about talents. I don't want to show up in front of the Lord and him look at me and say "I gave you this talent, and you buried yours in the ground. Sorry, I have to take it away from you now..."
-- I regret not saying what I was thinking when people asked my opinion or what I was thinking. The things I said could have changed certian situations. The last year I've got way way WAY better at this. But through high school I kept to myself but I had my chance to stick up for myself many times and didn't.
-- I regret being mad when times get rough with arthuritis. I understand that it is going to have its rough times, but the last 7 months have probably been the hardest. Trying to be tough all the time is hard and just saying "oh, it is okay" when it isn't. "Though hard for you, this journey may appear, grace shall be as your day... Tis better for us to strive our usless cares from us to drive. All is well... While should we mourn or think our lot is hard, tis not so, all is right. Why should we think to earn a great reward if we now shun the fight? GIRD UP YOUR LOINS, FRESH COURAGE TAKE OUR GOD WILL NEVER US FORSAKE. SOON WE'LL HAVE THIS TALE TO TELL, ALL IS WELL!"
Until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment