Your testimony makes you act in certain ways, makes you think certain thoughts, builds your character - It is who you are. I've thought a lot about testimonies today. I am so grateful that I have a testimony. Everyone has one but they might not know what it is.
I have a testimony. I know that I am in the spot I am in for a reason. It isn't an accident that things happened to play out the way they did. I believe that God has a plan for all of us. It might not be our plan but it is his plan and it will work out. It might have some ups and downs and won't be easy but it will be worth it. I have a testimony. I know that prayer is an important part of my life and I don't know what I would do without it. It has led me to places I never thought I would go. It has led me to people I never thought I would know. It has been a comfort when times aren't easy. It helps reassure me that God loves me and know what I am going through. I have a testimony. I cherish each page of The Book of Mormon. I have read it many times in my life and I get something new out of it each time. It helps draw me closer to Christ and his teachings. It make me grateful for the things I have. It also brings comfort when my world seems crazy. I have a testimony. I believe in eternal families and am grateful for the many temples on this earth. I am grateful that my parents made the choice to be married in the temple so that I can have them forever. I can't wait to enter that holy place with my best friend in the future. I have a testimony. I believe that we have living prophets upon the earth to give us messages from Christ. I know that they receive messages from the Lord for us and without them we would be lost. I am grateful that we have the chance twice a year to listen to messages prepared for us. I have a testimony. I know that a boy at the age of 14 entered a grove of trees with a question and that God the Father and Jesus Christ stood before him. Without him, I would not be able to have this amazing gospel in my life. I have a testimony. I know that with the priesthood, many marvelous things can happen. How grateful I am for my father and that he is able to hold the priesthood and use that blessing in my life and my families. I have a testimony.
Until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment