I have always enjoyed Labor Day weekend since I can remember. (I'm almost 20 so that is about 15 years or remembrance) In past years we always spend the night at my grandma's and wake
up at 7 and begin. This year was a little different. We slept in
our bed and had to make it up to Morgan by 7. I love many
things about this day! It is getting up in the wee hours of the morning...
3:30 a.m. in fact to arrive to Morgan, Utah.
I love the smell of my grandma's house, the tomatoes being squished, the peppers in the pan
and the smell of being with those who you love the most!
Yes, that is Caprice!
We don't mess around. Approximately 5 double burners + over 400
tomatoes (over half from our garden) + 4 different types of
homegrown peppers (32 each) + about 20 people and give us
7 hours = We make over 100 quarts of homemade SALSA!!
I am already ready for Labor Day weekend of 2012! Bring it on! Of course after I get over my tiredness. I got 4 hours of sleep before we left for Morgan. I couldn't sleep in the car, go figure, and every time I thought I was right there, my dad would hit those stupid bumps on the side of the road because of all the construction. I thought we were DYING so my heart was a racin'!! I slept like a baby last night.
LIFE IS FULL OF GREATNESS
Until then...

No comments:
Post a Comment