It is just one of those nights that I can't get comfortable, can't find the perfect spot on the bed, can't seem to close my eyes, just can't.
As a new school year starts, even though I am not heading back to school tell the Spring, I have thought about how this last year has played out.
I remember packing everything I could into my car going to live somewhere else.
I remember pulling in and being so scared because I didn't even know the girls I was living with.
I remember my family going to eat dinner together before they left me there for good...
I remember my little brothers cry as they pulled away.
I remember thinking "what in the world am I doing?" and being sooo scared.
I remember unpacking all my stuff, keeping to myself, because I was as nervous as I'll get out.
I remember going to bed that night with a wet pillow.
I remember thinking that life couldn't get any worse.
I remember not wanting to go to school.
I remember driving home the very first weekend to go to a mission farewell and crying the whole way back.
I remember a late night visit on a school night from a dear friend.
I remember feeling so alone in Ephriam.
I remember watching movies outside.
I remember leaving class on Friday anxious to get home to hang out with my best friend.
I remember September 14 when my friend showed up at my apartment to say goodbye for the last time.
I remember my heart beating and jumping on the couch when I saw them outside my window.
I remember watching them drive away and running into my room and bawling.
I remember I didn't want to be in Ephriam any longer...
I remember I got an A out of English and it was DANG hard.
I remember moving to a new apartment over Christmas Break.
I remember being so excited yet sooo nervous as what I was going to do there.
I remember praying each night for thanks that I was there.
I remember Sno Creams with the boys downstairs.
I remember playing games with the neighbors.
I remember sitting on the couches tell 1 just talking about life and things.
I remember thinking I never wanted to leave.
I remember bawling everynight for a week, feeling like the biggest baby.
I remember driving away, seeing them in my rear view mirror, knowing that it would never be the same.
I remember getting home and bawling because I already missed everyone.
I remember all the great people there that influeced my life for good- Jacari, And now she's mad, Oh wow ect.
I remember not waking up to someone running in my room screaming "Shac, wake up. It is like 10 o'clock!"
Man, I remember too many things that just make me grateful for the life I have lived and am living. Without going to Snow, who knows where I would be. Without making memories, I would have nothing to be sad about.
Until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment