Monday, August 15, 2011

Plate full of LOVE

some People amaze  me, for different reasons of couse.  As I am sitting in the kitchen last night helping my mother make dinner, there came a knock on the door.  Like always, Reggie and Emmett race to the door to be the first one to open it.  When it is Sunday, the door is more then likely for my father.  Little did I know the door was for me.  You hear Emmett say "uh, Shac, the door is for you" and he moves away from the door.  There stands little Kordale (McKord's 13 year old, if that brother.  I know he passes the sacrament ha) with a plate full of cookies.  I told him not to move and I made my way to the door.  I stood there in complete shock!! I wanted to cry right there.  How could these kind people be thinking of me at a time like this? Grandma Harris just passes away and Saturday was the funeral  Life has been a roller coaster for them this past week I am sure.  Kordale has the biggest smile on his face and I asked him why on earth was he bringing me cookies??!!  And he said "Well we saw you walking out of the church today and you looked hurt so we wanted to make you feel better!"  Which was true.  As I left the church yesterday, I heard little voices yelling at me asking me what I had done from across the parking lot.  Of course I knew who it was haha  I walked outside to see who had brought him and there sits Easton in the car with the biggest grin on his face. We talked for a minute and I shut the door.  I walked into the kitchen and sat across from my sister... and then came the water works.  I never thought I would see Kordale at my front door. Man, I miss McKord. I found this and it reminded me of my experiance.  I hope I can be like this!


"Do you want to be happy? Forget yourself and get lost in this great cause. Lend your efforts to helping people. Cultivate a spirit of forgiveness in your heart against any who might have offended you. Look to the Lord and live and work to lift and serve his sons and daughters. You will come to know a happiness that you have never known before if you will do that. I do not care how old you are, how young you are., whatever. You can lift people and help them. Heaven knows there are so very, very, very, many people in this world who need help. Oh so very, very, very, many. Let's get the cankering, selfish attitude of our lives, my brothers and sisters, and stand a little taller and reach a little higher in the service of others s. As Browning said, "A man's reach should exceed his grasp." Stand taller, stand higher, lift those with feeble knees, hold up the arms of those that hang down. Live by the gospel of Jesus Christ. Forget yourself."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley, Liverpool England Fireside, Aug 31, 1995
Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment