Today as I was getting ready, well at least putting on my 'eyes' as Emmett would call it, Reggie came downstairs and said "Hey! You got a package." I quickly turned around and he is holding this huge box. "It is from Caprice. Can I open it?" he said with a smile. I grabbed my crutch and off to my room I went to open it. This is what I found inside:
*Toy Car - This will help you gain a speedy recovery!!!
*Two Decks of Cards and Small Electronic Game - These will help you with some of the boredom you may have
*Dr. Pepper - This is the REAL doctor
*Blow Pops - These will help Blow your Pops away
*Movie - This will make you wish one day you were 17 Again
*Coloring Book and Crayons - These will bring some color into your life
*Smile Fruit Snacks - These will help you remember to smile!
*Twizzlers Twists - Just so you don't twist your knee...eat these twists on me!
*Rice Crispy Treats - These will help get rid of the SNAP, CRACKLE, POPS you have
*Sour Patch Kids - These will help Patch your wound
*Hottamales - This will provide you with a HOT MALE by your side!!
*Mike and Ikes - Wish we could hang out like Mike and Ike!
*Laffy Taffy - After all LAUGHTER is the real medicine
*Mambas - Soon you will be doing the MAMBA around Richfield
*Swimming Ring - This will help bring come comfort to your behind!!
*Starbursts - These will give you that BURST of energy you need
Wow am I blessed or blessed! To think that I did not even know this girl a year ago just blows me away! I called her and told her thanks (THANKS AGAIN CAPRICE!) because that was the coolest thing ever. It for sure brought me happiness and thankfulness as well.
Shortly after I had opened all my stuff and took my picture, Talisha came into my room and just sat and looked at me. I asked her what was up and she replied, "I wish I had a friend that would do that for me." I then felt sooo bad inside because I know what she feels... That was what I felt when I was her age. I told her that it has taken me almost 20 years to find the friends that I have. And that brought her some comfort but it is hard for a girl that age to totally understand the whole picture. How LUCKY am I!??!!?? Within the year and a half I have found the most awesome friends ever. People I thought I could never be friends with because 'I played sports against them' or 'they saw me with someone else'. Today at physical therapy the guy was asking me about my friends and said "yeah, you go on the CHT and become friends with everyone you thought you hated." He was speaking my language for sure!!
Caprice is such an amazing example to me and to other around her I am sure. She is always looking to do something kind for someone or to not make anyone feel left out. She has such a strong spirit about here and I love it! Thanks for everything Caprice! You put a smile on my face.
Until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment