Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I Think It Is Time...

for an update on MY life and to see/read the thoughts that are running around in my head.

First I am deeply sad because summer is like, um, OVER!  Can you believe it?  It feels just like yeterday when it was just begining and I was leaving Snow College.  It really hit me last night while sitting around Syd's table.  We were all taking our turns dunking strawberries, angel food cake (which is divine!), pretzels, and bananas in chocolate! YUMMY!! I think it was about 11ish when her dear sweet mother came in and said "Well girls, hope school goes well and hope to see you again soon..." Yeah.  This was our last night together.  Syd and Kinzie are moving tomorrow-one to the U and the other to SUU.  Then Kelsie on the other hand, she is going back to Utah State Friday I believe.  And here sits little Shacari that will still be here tell Christmas, which I am getting over by the way.  Heck, I have a good paying job that will keep me tell then so why not?? Then up to Utah State I will go!!  Hopefully :)

Second on the list would be this stupid leg of mine.  I am sick of sleeping in one position.  I am sick of sitting on the stupid couch day in and day out while the summer sun is starting to go down earlier and earlier.  And on top of that I can't do anything...Walk up the stairs, and sit some more? Uh, I am going insane!!!  And I am to the point where I am trying to wing off the meds and I can tell, but I'm alright but I can for sure tell!!!  I can feel the muscle in my leg going to flab quickly too.  I can't feel it like I used to.  But with all this down time, I have done a lot of things I would have never got to.  I finally put all my CHT pictuers in a scrapbook and now am just writing by the pictures the things I felt and where it was.  I am super happy about that one.  I also am one corner away from finishing my quilt.  And I absoulutly LOVE it.  It is like this huge accomplishment to me.  I did a quilt by myself-well with the help of my grandma and stacey snow.  They show me how to do things and then I do it.  I'll have to take a picture of it and show you what it looks like!

Third on my mind would be a movie that I just recently watched.  SOUL SURFER  If you have not watched that movie, go and do it now!  It is the best movie that you could ever ever ever ever watch.  It totally inspired me.  It brought peace to me in the strangest ways.  I am not sooo thrilled about staying in Richfield but my dad always tells me that he trusts me and my decision.  I know myself better then anyone and no one can take that away by what they say to me or by the looks I recieve.  Patience.  That has been the hardest thing for me I think.  I want to FLY NOW and not fly later but obviously the Lord has other plans for me.  And that is the other part.  My path is probably different then yours, and it i still the same.  My path is MY path.  Not the man in the stores path for me, not the girl the looks at me weird, it is mine. 

Fourth-I have come to find that I can not find my Patriarchal blessing ANYWHERE!!  I don't have any idea where I put it.  I've looked high and low and at night I lay awake thinking of places I could have put it.  But I can't seem to rememeber.  I have a copy of it, but in the folder there are many more things that I need/want.  Pray for me to find it!

Yesterday I sat down at the piano and just started playing something that has been in my mind for a long time.  My sister was totally blown away as was I.  I wish I had more time to just sit down at the piano and learn some more while singing my heart out.  My brother just recenetly bought "Listen To Your Heart" and I've already learned the whole thing and the vocals.  I love music!! It is just part of me and it scares me a little.

Last but not least was some wonderful words of wisdom that have been in my head for the last week.  I would share them with you, but I don't want to publicly post them because they are that special to me.
Even though I only have a few followers :)  But I just find it so ironic that they came at such a time in my life from someone I admire.  I know that it wasn't an accident either that it happened and for that I am grateful.  Grateful that the Lord can send people to our lifes when we need them and it might not even be who you were expecting.  Maybe some kid you always thought was a tag along, someone who tried to run you over a few times on "acident", or the kid next door.  The kid who always said hi to you when you weren't supposed to be a disrtaction, or the kid whose face lit up when they saw you and you didn't even really know them.  The kid that wanted to be 'friends' but didn't know how to go about it.  The kid with the most pretty blues eyes you have ever seen.  The kid who was nice to you no matter what.  You never know.  You never know what God has in store for you.

Until then...

1 comment:

  1. Shacari you are such a deep thinker. Full of insight, I learn so much and feel inspired by reading your posts. Mostly though it's just great to be filled in so well on the You-Life. And hear your voice come through in your writing! I'm glad you write all this out. I'll be way interested to see how your life plays out too. And mine. ;)

    ReplyDelete