Saturday, October 8, 2011

Poem for You

I just returned from you house and you weren't there,
As each kid came into the room, I looked everywhere.

I was a little bit nervous at the front door,
For I had never walked up those step and been there before.

I always used the back entrance or the one that was wide,
That was because you were right by my side.

This time was different and I was alone,
I was shaking outside clear to my bone.

As the door opened and I could smell that smell,
It was something that I missed I could tell.

They told me to come in for I had a present to give,
You haven't been there for over a year, this is where you used to live.

I sat down on the couch and you sister came and by me she sat,
Soon the other one came in and the rest too, and that is that.

I was surounded by your family and boy are they amazing,
I am so glad that I got to be a small part of that little thing.

Thanks for being my friend, thanks for being you,
I miss you every once and a while, but that is nothing new.

As I drove away I had a smile on my face,
For I will always be grateful for that little place.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment