June oh June, where have you gone to!
I had so many things that I really wanted to do.
You blown in the warm weather again,
It brings back so many memories, where to begin.
Today while I was standing outside,
Reallity hit me, it was something I couldn't hide.
I thought of how my past year has turned out,
It couldn't have been a more complicated route.
Last year at this time I was so tritterpated,
I had built a friendship that would not soon be fadded.
Yes it was a boy, I miss him dearly,
But our relationship was put on hold clearly.
He went to serve the Lord what a good boy is he,
To make such a choice, he'll be amazing you see.
Next came college, how scary how scary!
My first roommate may have been a little hairy :) (i couldn't think of a rhym..)
I was rooming with girls from my biggest rival school,
And to tell you the truth I didn't think that was cool.
I wasn't myself at first at all,
But then I thought heck! Who are they to call!!??
I became myself as quick as I can be,
Then one moved out, oh that was pure glee!
Alone in my apartment I sat and I sat,
I only had one friend, and it was a pet rat.
I usually went home on the weekends you see,
That's because no one would hang out with me.
I then went to hang out with some strangers one day,
What was I thinking? I didn't even know what to say.
I knew one of the girls, she was my previous teammate,
That day I was SUPPOSED TO BE THERE, and this was my fate.
I didn't know the other girl well,
But boy oh boy thats a story to tell!
How did I get there, accident it was not,
The Lord had his hand in it, X marks the spot!
Alexis, Caprice, Paige, where did you go?
I need you to listen to something you should know.
It wasn't an accident I came over that day,
And your rommates were all moving away.
The money thing was complicated and a little crazy,
Even though it still a little hazy!
It all happened so fast I can't even remember,
Where I once was, in the month of December.
January with knew girls I was scared!
I did things I normaly wouldn't have dared.
But little did I know that that day I came over,
I would build friendships that lasted forever!
I never even imagined how god of friends we would become,
Becasue I was still stuck on that one special one.
You listened to all my stories and about STUPID boys,
I loved picking up the pizza at Roy's.
You saw in my best and worst you did as well,
Hey remeber the ..... bell??? :)
Then it was time for summer to start,
And this was the time that we all had to part.
I never have been an emotional wreck,
But at the end it was something to expect.
I didn't know we could grow so close,
I relieze you are the firends that have imflueneced me the most.
Work, work, work is what I do now,
And that seemed so long ago, WOW!
But this girl right here was very blessed,
He knew what she needed when she thought she was a mess.
Today as I sat out in the warm summer sun,
I tried to remember how this all had begun.
How lucky I was to be where I eneded,
I feel super super SUPER splended.
Tears filled my eyes and the water works came,
This time I am for sure not ashamed.
The Lord knows what we need in certain times,
He was watching over me and giving me signs.
Give him time, give him a chance, let him in,
He will work wonders when you're at the bottom of the bin.
He took a simple girl like me a helped her,
And that is something she can't deny for sure!!!
Until then...
Oh Shaq!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhy don't we ever hang out??? My dear I think you are a little to busy these days ha!!! What I really think we need to do is to go to Morgan and see good ole Caprice. I'm missing all you guy's like crazy and we live in the same town, it's just shameful we haven't done anything!!!!!! When your not to busy let me know and we'll have to plan something, I can get any days off of work as long as I know before :) I loved your poem by the way it was great!
P.S. I know what bell your talking about! hahaha
ReplyDeleteShac you are such a great writer!! I LOVED the poem, but better yet I LOVE Lex's comment about you guys coming to Morgan! ha Cause I miss both of you like crazy and we need to meet up soon...alright?! k good!
ReplyDelete