Thursday, May 19, 2011

blessings...

are pouring out like rain! It is story time on this dark, rainy day. So sit back, relax and get ready to emjoy this story.  It could either turn out like a picture book (meaning little words) or turn into a chapter book.  Whatever the case my turn out to be, welcome to MY silly life!


It started the summer going into my sophmore year.  I had the oppurtunity to go to Martin's Cove and boy was it something that I will never forget.  I had some of the coolest experiences there.  But that is not where this story is going.  We got split up into families.  Me (being the bishops daughter) got stuck with the other wards bishops son. Jaden.  I knew him but didn't 'know' him.  He was in my grade and I had seen him around. I didn't know much about him and honestly, wasn't that excited to be in his 'family' with him at Martin's Cove. Boy was I wrong about that boy.  He ended up being one of my closest friends there that was a boy and we had the funnest times talking and getting to know each other.I called him my 'brother'.


Sophmore year was a great year and I learned so many valuable lessons with basketball and just about myself.  My most favorite part of the day was walking from second hour to third and third hour to forth hour.  As I would be getting out of percussion class, my new friend Jaden would be getting out of English.  We would walk with each other there to our seperate classes, he going to Math and I going to English.  That hour seemed like forever.  But as soon as the bell would ring, I would book it down the stairs hoping he would still be there so I could walk with him back down to building one while he makes his way to seminary and I to my computer class.  Everytime he saw me he would stop and say "Hey Shac! How's it going?" And we would talk a minute. Before school was out I told him how sad I was going to be that I wouldn't get to walk to class with him anymore. Life goes on! I knew I would see my 'brother' around.


About a week after school was out I got a phone call. "Is this Shacari?" and I said yes.  "This is Spencer, you know Jaden's cousin.  He wants you to go on a date with him. Will you?" I was like right now? and he said yes. Me, being a girl, wasn't even ready for a date and so I said "I can't today, but please call another time and I would LOVE to go!" And I felt bad but let's be honest, 10 minutes wasn't enough time. I felt bad for breaking my 'brothers' heart...


About a month and a half later I was at EFY with my sister Natalie up at Logan. One night my mom called me and said that a boy had called to see if I was home everynight that week.  Finally they asked who it was and the person on the other line said "Jaden." I felt horrible but vowed I would call him when I got home.  Saturday he called abbout noon and asked if I wanted to go on a date. But I was beat from staying up late every night and not sleeping in my own bed. So I said "uh, can I call you back?" and he said "sure".  When I got off the phone, I didn't want to go at ALL! I even started crying to my mom.  I couldn't tell him no because then maybe he would stop asking me....I had to say yes.  I called him back and said that I could go.  We went on a double date with his cousin McKord and the girl he liked. We went to the Ideal Dairy and got icecream and then went and played a game! I had soooo much fun. I wanted to hang out again but he broke my heart by saying "well I'm going to scott land for two weeks and then school starts. All well.... siblings understand since he was my 'brother'.


Junior year started and I started to see him more often.  We both had seminray last hour, but not the same teacher.  But that meant that I could walk with him to and from seminary.  As this started, we became really good friends. One day he told me that I was perfect and I was like "uh oh, he likes me". Well, after a few weeks I decided, eh, I could like him. So we started doing just about everything together. I knew I could tell him anything and boy he wasn't affriad to tell me anything either.  I told him "so if a girl told you that they liked you, would you talk to them again? and he said "if it was just a regular girl I wouldn't.  But if it was you shac, I would!" And it just went from there. We weren't ever offical because he was my 'brother'.


He was the best friend I could have asked for. He understood me, accepted me for who I was, what I did, listened when I thought no one cared, let me be myself, with he being his self as well, and wasn't embarrassed of our friendship. He came to every basketball game he could and supported me all the time.  We went to prom together and he made me feel like I was a princess.  Always making sure I was okay and not pushing any boundries. Drawing chalk in random parking lots at night, making glow in the dark golf balls and hit them out in his grass fields, watching movies, and window chalking millions of peoples cars were just a few of the things we would do.  We were never the ones to "P.D.A" because we had so much respect for each other. I broke his heart the first time I didn't hold his hand because I made a promise that I wouldn't hold anybody's hand until after state basketball. And he respected that.


The last day of Junior year we both went to a friends house for an end of school party. That was the night :) I had to go home because I had to be home by midnight (just like cinderella).  He told me that he would walk me to my car. I was scared out of my mind. haha So we walked over there and I put my keys in the door and he grabbed my hand and was like "Shac, thanks for everything." And I just looked at him and I said "oh jaden, you are sooo welcome. Thank You!" With that I gave him a big hug and said "I got to go!" you know, trying to get out of it. And he said "well, can I ask you something?" and I said sure! (even knowing where it was going to go) and he just said those words...'can i kiss you?'. I didn't say anything. I was like "AH THIS MOMENT IS HERE! CRAP!!!" There was a pause....  :) and without any furthar adu... there stood my 'brother' and I in the middle of the street.


The summer was awesome and we went on many adventures together, my favorite being the 4th of July. However, senrior year was different. We both kind of went our seperate ways and it broke my heart, but I knew it was supposed to be that way even if it hurt. We hardly talked and both had other things to worry about.  Where to go to college? What the future held? It was time to move on... I was losing my 'brother'.


He left on the 4th of May for the MTC and leaves on the 25th to go teach the gospel to the people in Ohio. I got the oppurtunity to go to his farewell and luncheon and remembered how much I missed my 'brother'.  i was also able to go to family home evening with his family that Monday before he left and have ice cream.  The day before he left he text me and asked me what kind of arthritis I had.  I thought it was random.  Well, the other day I learned that my 'brother' still cared for me like a brother would and why he asked me that.  I saw his mother while I was at work and she said "Shac, I need to repent. Jaden made me promise him that I would heal you while he was gone."  I was a little lost and said what are you talking about?  And she said that Jaden asked his mom to try using natural oils on my joints so that I can be healed from pain and that I can feel better.  That is what he wants...


I am now using natural oils, and they are starting to work their magic. I may smell like pledge some of the time, but it is soooo amazing what it is doing.  And with this week being really stormy, I could be in a lot of pain, but with these oils, I'm not. I am sooo blessed to have the Harris family in my life.  They all have been soooo sweet to me. HOW BLESSED I AM!  Natural oils-keep working your MAGIC!!!!!


Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment